|Date||Feb 10 - 14, 2020|
Rochester, NY, USA The Gleason Works
1000 University Ave.
Rochester, NY 14607, USA
|Process||Gear Process Theory|
|Class Duration||4.5 days|
|Number of Participants||3-12|
Fundamentals of Bevel Gear Design
A basic understanding of the design elements of bevel and hypoid gears. Gear theory, terminology, selection of gear size, tooth design parameters and cutting methods. Exercises in calculating gear dimension sheets, the use of Gleason time sharing computer programs and the evaluation of resulting stress data.
▪ Gear Nomenclature.
▪ Theory of generation.
▪ Cutting processes and tools.
▪ Explanation of dimension sheets.
▪ Approximating gear size.
▪ Calculation of stresses and gear life.
▪ Gear blank dimensions and tolerances.
▪ Gear lubrication.
▪ Gear mountings.
▪ Types of failures.
▪ Calculation of dimension sheet using Gleason computer programs.
A certificate is issued with successful completion.