|Fecha||Oct 21 - 25, 2019|
Rochester, NY, USA The Gleason Works
1000 University Ave.
Rochester, NY 14607, USA
|Proceso||Teoria de Procesos de Engranajes|
|Duración de la clase||4.5 days|
|Número de participantes||3-12|
Gear Process Theory
Familiarization with spur, helical, bevel and hypoid gear nomenclature. The use of various cutting methods in Gleason machines. Tooling and processes used in gear manufacturing.
Technical discussions covering nomenclature
▪ Various types and classifications of gears and their meshing characteristics.
▪ Cutting methods used to produce bevel and hypoid gears and pinions.
▪ Blank tolerances and configurations required to produce quality gear sets in Gleason machines.
▪ Basic concept of inspection and testing of spur, helical, bevel and hypoid gears.
Cutters and Cutting Tools
▪ Description of various types of Gleason face mill, face hob, REVACYCLE® and straight bevel gear cutters.
▪ Terminology identification, assembly, truing and mounting of face mill and face hob cutters.
Workholding Equipment and Arbor Maintenance
Discussions on applications and maintenance of TANLINE®, X-PANDISK®, VERS-GRIP® and UNI-SPAND® equipment.
Fundamentals of Heat Treatment
Basic metallurgical discussion concerning terminology of heat treatment, volumetric changes, distortions and residual stresses in heat treated gears with possible causes and corrective actions.
A certificate is issued with successful completion.