Jul 17, 2013
The latest addition to the Pentac®Plus family of positive seated cutter heads is a design which allows the radial positioning of each blade via a separate screw. The upper screw functions as clamp screw like in a standard Pentac®Plus cutter head (see T1 in Figures 1 and 2). The lower screw (T2 in Figures 1 and 2) is the adjusting screw.
Radially adjustable Pentac®Plus cutters have the same blade seating stiffness as standard Pentac®Plus cutters. The new functionality offers a number of advantages, making this the most advanced stick blade cutter on the market.
Advantages of PentacPlus with Radial Truing Capability include:
- Can be used without lower screw like a standard PENTAC®Plus
- Axial Tip Runout will be perfect (2 to 5mm range)
- Radial Runout in 2 to 5mm range without effort
- Fast and precise cutter building
- Smooth generating flats in root fillet
- Even generating flat appearance in flank surface
- Better chip load distribution on all blades
- Higher Productivity - better tool life
- Up to twice the tool life for gears
- Up to 50% better tool life for pinions
The Gleason PentacPlus with Radial Truing Capability takes cutter technology to a new level with significant improvements in tool life and improved chip load distribution, once again raising the bar on the standards of gear cutting technology.