Feb 28, 2011
Rochester, New York, February 28, 2011 – In its mission to be the industry’s Total Gear Solutions Provider, Gleason will introduce a host of advanced new machines, tooling, and global customer support services at the China International Machine Tool show (CIMT) in Beijing China, April 11 – 16, 2011, covering a wide array of processes for the complete production and inspection of all types of bevel and cylindrical gears. Visitors to Gleason Booth #A201 will be introduced to a number of new products and technologies. Among the new technologies exhibited at the show will be:
• New OPTI-GRIND™ process, delivering up to a 40% increase in productivity. Significant productivity benefits are possible on all new Gleason Profile Grinding Machines utilizing the OPTI-GRIND process. This breakthrough technology uses multiple grinding wheels (for roughing and finishing) simultaneously at significantly reduced production times. In addition to the productivity gains inherent in the use of OPTI-GRIND, users also benefit from improved part quality as a consequence of optimized contact conditions between the grinding wheel and the workpiece flank.
• Gleason Genesis® Vertical Hobbing Machines, produced locally at Gleason Gear Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
Gleason’s Genesis® line of advanced vertical hobbing machines are designed to optimize dry machining, reduce floor space requirements and greatly improve cycle times for cylindrical gears and shafts with diameters as large as 210 mm. Most significantly, the Genesis machines can be equipped to perform hobbing and subsequent chamfering and deburring operations all in a single setup, thereby optimizing productivity, quality and repeatability. A high speed auto loader, combined with Gleason quick-change workholding and an exceptionally ergonomic design, further reduce non-productive time, making the Genesis hobbers the fastest, most productive machines in their class.
• The 350GMS Analytical Gear Inspection System: Reliability and quality combined with maximum efficiency. Displayed at the show will be one of a new family of GMS Series inspection systems, with models available for gears up to 3 meters in diameter. The 350GMS Analytical Gear Inspection System features a Renishaw® 3D probe head to provide maximum accuracy and flexibility for the complete inspection of all kinds of gears and gear-cutting tools. All Gleason analytical gear testers are equipped with the new Windows® VB.NET-based Gleason GAMATM software with intuitive user interface, and allowing for simple input screens for programming of workpiece and cutting tool data.
• The industry’s most complete line of gear-cutting tools and workholding solutions, including OPTI-CUT® Indexable-Insert cutting systems for gashing, hobbing and shaping. Gleason is the industry’s leading supplier of virtually every cutting tool type for the production of cylindrical and bevel gears of all types and sizes. For the production of large cylindrical gears, Gleason offers the OPTI-CUT family, which provides users with all the performance benefits of the latest replaceable, indexable, carbide insert technology. OPTI-CUT can reduce cost-per-part by as much as 50% as compared to conventional high speed steel cutters. The family is versatile too, including gear gashing, hobbing and shaping products in a variety of cutter body sizes, insert types and geometries to meet a wide range of roughing and finishing, and internal and external gear production requirements.
Many of the high precision cutting tools are produced locally in our Suzhou production facility.
• Advanced workholding solutions. Gleason designs and produces a complete series of workholding solutions ranging from simple, economically priced systems up to quick-change workholding equipment for both bevel gear and cylindrical gear, and non-gear production machines. These systems range from the Gleason X-Pandisk® systems which automatically align workpieces weighing up to 2,000 kg to reduce changeover time by up to 70%, to Quik-Flex® and a large variety of quick-change workholding solutions that significantly reduce change-over times for the production of both bevel and cylindrical gears. For inspection systems and a broader range of applications, Gleason offers the high-precision LeCount® expanding mandrels line, renowned for accurate, easy, extremely rapid location of all types of bore parts.
• Gleason Global Services. Gleason customers can rely on a network of 250 service professionals serving over 50 countries throughout the world working around the clock to support a full range of technical support requirements, including:
• Services: Complete new offering of service programs ranging from our simple Fast Check machine inspection to our extended service programs which provide “No Worry” guarantees.
• Service Parts: Globally stocked OEM parts to reduce downtime.
• Training: The largest range of gear process and gear machinery operation and maintenance courses in our industry, with training supported on a global basis.
• Application Support: Programs to improve process quality, cycle times and reduce Total Cost of Ownership.
• Equipment Upgrades: Recontrols, rebuilds, reconditions and upgrades to ensure maximum machine production.
• Remote Services: Machine monitoring and troubleshooting from anywhere in the world for rapid response.
At the show we will have many of our technical experts from around the world available to explain our new technologies in more depth and provide suggestions to our customers to improve the efficiency of their gear production processes.
Gleason Corporation’s mission is to be The Total Gear Solutions Provider™ to its global customer base. Gleason is a world leader in the development, manufacture and sale of gear production machinery and related equipment. The Company’s products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, mining, windpower, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Gleason has manufacturing operations in Rochester, New York; Rockford, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Munich and Ludwigsburg, Germany; Studen, Switzerland; Bangalore; India, and Suzhou, China and has sales and service offices throughout North and South America, Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region.
More information about Gleason Corporation is available on the World Wide Web at www.gleason.com
– END –