Nov 7, 2014
ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, USA November 7, 2014 Gleason Corporation announces the introduction of the 100S Gear Shaping Machine, featuring a class-leading stroke rate of up to 3,000 strokes per minute. The 100S is ideally suited to small face width gears, including spur and helical gears, both internal and external, as well as automotive synchro rings and tapered gears. It is a compact and robust machine requiring significantly reduced floor space. The 100S is easily moved, quickly installed and powered up.
Some of the significant features of the 100S include:
- High productivity, with stroke rates up to 3,000 strokes per minute.
- Fast, tool-less setup.
- Offered with standard dry machining cycle; optional wet machining is available.
- Static and dynamically stiff machine concept, aided by a twin-bearing crankshaft design.
- Optional automatic adjustment of stroke position after re-sharpening of the shaper cutting tool.
- Fast clamping and unclamping system HSK 63 for high repeatability, and manual activation for minimized weight.
- Extremely short chip-to-chip times with cam driven loader that drastically reduces workpiece change times.
Gleason Corporation’s mission is to be The Total Gear Solutions Provider™ to its global customer base. Gleason is a leader in the development, manufacture and sale of gear production machinery and related equipment. The Company’s products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, mining, wind power, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Gleason has manufacturing operations in the United States, Germany, Switzerland, India, China and Japan, and has sales and service offices throughout North and South America, Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region.