12º jul. 2012
Rochester, NY July 12, 2012— In its mission to be the industry’s Total Gear Solutions Provider, Gleason will introduce a host of advanced new machines, tooling, and global customer support services at IMTS ‘12, covering a wide array of processes for the complete production and inspection of all types of bevel and cylindrical gears. Visitors to Gleason Booth #N-7000 will be introduced to a number of new products and technologies. Among the new technologies exhibited at the show will be:
• The Genesis® 400H Vertical Hobbing Machine, setting the new industry standard for productivity, quality and Total Cost of Ownership. On display for the first time in the U.S., the 400H is a new addition to the highly popular Genesis® Series of gear hobbing machines. Its compact footprint and slim profile, optimized workholding and tool change, and universal automation make it ideal for the widest range of user requirements, whether small batch or automated high volume production.
Additionally, the 400H is available with two direct drive workspindles, three different high-performance hob heads, multiple tool interfaces and integrated chamfering, making it the most versatile solution today for the production of spur and helical gears and shafts up to 400 mm in diameter. A smaller Genesis® 260H model also is available for workpieces up to 260 mm in diameter. Both models are designed as well to help customers meet the need for greater sustainability, with a host of features that greatly reduce energy consumption.
• The Gleason Heller CT8000 Bevel Gear Machining Center: 5-axis, single-setup machining to speed production of large bevel gears. First of a new generation of 5-axis machining centers resulting from an alliance between Gleason and Gebr. Heller Maschinenfabrik GmbH, the Gleason Heller CT8000 delivers gear cutting speeds four to eight times faster than competitive machining centers, for bevel gears as large as 1,800 mm in diameter. With the CT8000, manufacturers can quickly and easily accommodate new part series, design variations and corrections, while producing gears at production rates that make single setup machining in small and medium batches attractive economically. In addition, the new Gleason Heller alliance enables manufacturers to simultaneously benefit from Heller’s renowned 5-axis machining solutions and Gleason’s unparalleled design and process expertise and software.
• The 350GMS Analytical Gear Inspection System: 20 to 45% faster inspection of all types of gears and gear cutting tools. On display at the show will be one of a new family of GMS Series inspection systems (with models available for gears up to 3,000 mm in diameter). The 350GMS Analytical Gear Inspection System features a Renishaw® 3D probe head to provide maximum accuracy and flexibility for the complete inspection of all kinds of gears and gear-cutting tools. All Gleason analytical gear testers are equipped with the new Windows® VB.NET-based Gleason GAMATM 2.0 software with intuitive user interface, allowing for simple input screens for programming of workpiece and cutting tool data.
The GMS Series is also equipped with new ergonomically mounted operator work stations and optional remote pendant controls – both designed to greatly improve the operator’s effectiveness at every stage of the inspection process.
• Power Skiving Process: Faster, more economical production of gears with interfering contours and features, and internal gears. For these and other cylindrical gear applications, the newly developed Power Skiving process is fast emerging as a practical and highly productive alternative to typical gear shaping, forming, pressing, and broaching. Visitors to the Gleason booth will learn more about how Gleason combines machine, tool and technology for Power Skiving of small and medium-sized workpieces, with modules up to 2.0 mm.
• The industry’s most complete line of gear-cutting tools and workholding solutions. Gleason is the industry’s leading supplier of virtually every cutting tool type for the production of cylindrical and bevel gears of all types and sizes. For the production of large cylindrical gears, Gleason offers the OPTI-CUT family, which provides users with all the performance benefits of the latest replaceable, indexable, carbide insert technology. OPTI-CUT can reduce cost-per-part by as much as 50% as compared to conventional high speed steel cutters. The family is versatile too, including gear gashing, hobbing and shaping products in a variety of cutter body sizes, insert types and geometries to meet a wide range of roughing and finishing, and internal and external gear production requirements.
• Advanced workholding solutions. In addition, Gleason designs and produces a complete series of quick-change, tool-less workholding equipment for both bevel gear and cylindrical gear, and non-gear production machines. These systems range from the Gleason X-Pandisk® systems which automatically align workpieces weighing up to 2,000 kg to reduce changeover time by up to 70%, to Quik-Flex® and a large variety of quick-change workholding solutions that significantly reduce change-over times for the production of both bevel and cylindrical gears. For inspection systems, Gleason offers the high-precision Gleason LeCount® expanding mandrels line, renowned for accurate, easy, extremely rapid location of all types of bore parts.
• Gleason Global Services. Gleason customers can rely on 250 factory trained service professionals located in over 50 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia, working around the clock to support a full range of support requirements, including:
• Services: Complete new offering of service programs ranging from our simple Fast Check machine inspection to our extended service programs which provide “No Worry” guarantees.
• Service Parts: Globally stocked OEM repair parts to reduce downtime.
• Training: The largest range of gear process and gear machinery operation and maintenance courses in our industry with training supported globally.
• Application Support: Programs to improve process quality, cycle times and reduce Total Cost of Ownership.
• Equipment Upgrades: Recontrols, rebuilds, recondition and upgrades to ensure maximum machine production.
• Gleason Connect™: A new ‘Remote Service’ technology enabling Gleason Seervice Specialists from anywhere in the world to quickly and cost effectively identify, diagnose, repair and monitor products and minimize cost due to downtime.