6º abr. 2010
In its position of the industry’s Total Gear Solutions Provider, Gleason will present a host of advanced new technologies covering a wide array of processes for the complete production and inspection of all types of bevel and cylindrical gears. Exhibited at the Eastec 2010 show will be:
- The industry’s most complete line of gear-cutting tooling solutions for cylindrical and bevel gear production – all sizes, classifications, applications. Gleason is the industry’s leading supplier of virtually every tool type for the production of cylindrical and bevel gears of all types and sizes. Solutions range from fine pitch hobs for the production of gears as small as those used in fishing reels, to the new OPTI-CUT® family, designed to reduce wind power gear cutting costs by as much as 50%, to advanced new bevel gear cutting systems and grinding wheels.
- Advanced workholding solutions. Also on display will be examples of Gleason’s complete series of quick-change workholding equipment for both bevel gear and cylindrical gear, and non-gear, production machines. These systems range from the Gleason X-Pandisk® fixture systems which automatically align workpieces weighing up to 2,000 kg to reduce changeover time by up to 70%, to Quick-Flex® and quick-change workholding that significantly reduce fixture change times for the production of both bevel and cylindrical gears with diameters of up to 200 mm. For inspection systems, Gleason offers the high-precision LeCount® expanding mandrel line, renowned for accurate, easy, extremely rapid location of all types of bore parts.
- Gleason Global Services (GGS): a new support system created to maximize Gleason machine uptime, 24/7, anywhere in the world. Gleason customers can rely on 250 factory trained service professionals located in over 50 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia to work around the clock to support a full range of technical support requirements, including:
- Services: Scheduled maintenance and PM contracts; machine inspection / troubleshooting /repair; relocations and reinstallation, recertification.
- Service Parts: Global stocked OEM repair parts to reduce downtime.
- Training: On site, in class, courses.
- Application Support: Programs to improve processes and cycle times.
- Equipment Upgrades: Upgrades, rebuilds, reconditioning to ensure maximum machine performance.
- Remote Diagnostics: Machine monitoring and troubleshooting from anywhere in the world via Internet.
Several other significant new technologies and products will be presented through video and other media, including:
- The Titan® 1200G and 1500G Grinding Machines, capable of up to a 50% increase in productivity using the POWER GRIND process. In the Titan grinding machines, Gleason has combined exceptional productivity gains with the very high precision required by today’s manufacturers of larger cylindrical gears. Among Titan’s most important capabilities is its ability to offer users, on a single platform, both the greatest possible flexibility for the production of single parts with an advanced profile grinding option, and much faster fully-automated large-scale production by combining profile grinding and threaded wheel grinding into a single operation, called POWER GRIND.
- OPTI-GRIND™, delivering up to a 40% increase in productivity. Significant productivity benefits are possible on new Gleason Profile Grinding Machines utilizing the OPTI-GRIND process. This breakthrough technology uses multiple grinding wheels (for roughing and finishing) simultaneously at significantly reduced production times. In addition to the productivity gains inherent in the use of OPTI-GRIND, users also benefit from improved part quality as a consequence of optimized contact conditions between the grinding wheel and the workpiece flank.
- The Phoenix® 280C Bevel Gear Cutting Machine: improving productivity by as much as 35%. The new Phoenix® 280C is the most productive machine in its class, cutting cycle times anywhere from 20% to 35% compared to existing solutions. It incorporates a number of design breakthroughs, including the integration of automatic parts loader, measurement device, and chamfering station right on the machine. In addition, new quick-change cutter and workholding designs now make it faster and easier for operators to change over for new parts and tooling. And like previous Phoenix machines, it features a unique monolithic column design – but now cast from an advanced polymer composite material for the very high stability and damping required in today’s high volume, dry machining production environments.
- The Agilus® 180TH Combined Process Machine: Turning – drilling – hobbing – chamfering and deburring - in a single setup. The Agilus 180TH features a universal and highly productive multi-functional concept capable of machining shaft and disk-shaped workpieces in a single setup. The tool turret for locating fixed or driven tools allows turning, drilling and milling operations as well as hobbing and subsequent generating chamfering and deburring to be performed in the same setting. The CNC-controlled tailstock enables the machine to clamp a broad range of workpieces with support on both sides to guarantee optimum rigidity during machining. Gleason’s Quick-Flex® workholding concept is used to meet requirements for rapid, user-friendly tool-change. The Agilus 180TH can be operated fully automatic in conjunction with one or more turning cells.
Gleason Corporation’s mission is to be The Total Gear Solutions Provider™ to its global customer base. Gleason is a world leader in the development, manufacture and sale of gear production machinery and related equipment. The Company’s products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, mining, wind power, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Gleason has manufacturing operations in Rochester, New York; Rockford, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Plymouth, England; Munich and Ludwigsburg, Germany; Studen, Switzerland; Bangalore; India, and Suzhou, China and has sales and service offices throughout North and South America, Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region. More information about Gleason Corporation is available on the World Wide Web at http://www.gleason.com.