Gleason-Hurth Tooling GmbH celebrates its 125th anniversary. After almost three years of renovation, the factory shines in new splendor. The Munich site has become an important training center for gear manufacturing technology within Gleason Corporation.
Modernization of offices and shop floor to create a state-of-the-art, high-tech manufacturing environment, including the successful introduction of new procedures for process optimization and efficiency improvement.
The Munich operation focuses on workholding and gear manufacturing tools, now operating as Gleason-Hurth Tooling GmbH. Machine building activities are being continued by the sister company Gleason-Pfauter in Ludwigsburg.
Gleason Corporation takes over the machine and tool divisions of Carl Hurth Maschinen und Werkzeuge in Munich. Four years later, Gleason-Hurth presents the revolutionary Power Shaving Double Spindle Machine at the EMO Exhibition in Paris.
Hurth presents the first Spheric® Honing Machine, which opens entirely new possibilities to the modification of gear profiles.
With a focus on activities in the second plant on Moosacher Street in Munich, the workforce grew to 3,800 employees.
Cooperation with Infer, a company located in Sao Paolo, Brazil, they founded the first production facility abroad: The Hurth Infer Industria de Maquinas e Ferramentas Ltda. They produce gear cutting tools for the South American market.
The product range is extended to include automotive and agricultural gear units as well as high precision gears for heavy vehicles. In the same year, Carl Hurth presents new machines for hobbing, shaving and gear inspection.
"Plant 2" on Moosacher Strasse in Munich opens. The new plant serves as a production site for machine tools and gear units.
Carl Hurth introduces the first shaving machine for spherical and conical gears to the European market. Four years later, diagonal shaving is presented, followed by the development of underpass shaving and plunge shaving in 1950.
Carl Hurth Maschinen- und Zahnradfabrik grows rapidly and becomes Europe's largest manufacturer of motorcycle transmissions. Main customers include well known companies such as Zündapp and Kreidler.
April 03, 1896: Carl Hurth founds his mechanical workshop for the manufacture of gears in Frauenstraße at Viktualienmarkt, Munich. To ensure the high quality of the products, Carl Hurth develops his first gear cutting machine.