B-M42 - Single Flank Testing
Length of Course:Two days.
This course will familiarize the student with the concept of rotary- and vibration-based single flank transmission (SFT) error measurement of gear sets. Additionally, the sessions describe the output of the Gleason Single Flank Tester for cylindrical (parallel axis) and bevel gear testing. The class will also include a description and operation of a Gleason Test machine.
Tentative Outline of Class Topics:
- Introduction to SFT application and objectives
- Machine operation to include setup, operation and test procedures
- Single Flank testing hardware, measurement system
- Computer operation and data input
- Basic theory of single flank measurement
- Understanding single flank output