The Single Angle Contracting Arbor was developed to locate a gear or pinion by contracting on one OD shank and pulling the part back against a seating surface to locate the part.
- Accuracy and repeatability of 0.005 mm (0.0002") T.I.R.
- Contraction of up to 0.45 mm (0.018") for a long wear life
- Shank tolerance of 0.127 mm (0.005") or less is allowed
- Torque holding capacity able to handle any gear process
- Internal collet safety to protect the collet from damage if the arbor is activated without a part in place
- Part pull back to insure positive seating of the part against the seating surface
- Compatible with auto loader
- No shank size limitations for the part to be held unless the process causes interference with the arbor
- Air blank seating (with properly equipped machine)
- Quick change
- Replaceable wear collar for ease of repair (for lapping and testing only)
- Pin backing when the process does not allow backing behind the pinion head