The Uni-Spand is the arbor of choice for ID clamping and centering of small to medium size cylindrical or bevel gears for cutting. The Uni-Spand can also be used for lapping, testing and grinding of much larger gears due to the lower forces on the arbor.
- Accuracy and repeatability of0.005 mm (0.0002") T.I.R.
- Expansion in excess of0.508 mm (0.020" )
- Capable of handling any gear manufacturing process due to the high torque holding ability of the arbor
- Internal collet safety to protect the collet from damage
- For cutting gears with a bore size range of 76 mm (3") to 178mm (7")
- For lapping and testing gears with a bore size of 76mm (3") and greater
- Part pull back to seat the gear against the backing surface
- Compatible with auto loader
- Ease of maintenance since the spring can be removed from the front of the arbor even while it is mounted in a machine
- Quick Change
- Air Blank Seating
- Drive key for additional torque holding capacity for cutting only