The Vers-Grip Arbor was developed to locate a gear or pinion by contracting on to two simultaneous OD shanks to determine the centerline of the part.
- Accuracy and repeatability of 0.0002” (0.005mm) T.I.R.
- Contraction of up to 0.018” (0.45mm) for a long wear life
- Individual shank tolerance of 0.005” (0.127mm) or less is allowed
- Torque holding capacity able to handle any gear process
- Internal collet safety to protect the collet from damage if the arbor is activated without a part in place
- Part pull back to insure positive seating of the part against the seating surface
- Compatible with auto loader
- No shank size limitations for the part to be held unless the process causes interference with the arbor
- Ease of maintenance since the collet can be removed from the front of the arbor even while it is mounted in a machine
- Air blank seating (with properly equipped machine)
- Quick change
- Seals to prevent contamination for Lapping and Grinding
- Pin backing when the process does not allow backing behind the pinion head
- Replaceable wear collar for ease of maintenance (for lapping and testing only)