B-L40 - Gear Lapping and Testing
Length of CourseOne week.
This course will provide theoretical instruction and practical experience in testing and lapping of Gleason hypoid gear sets.
The trainee will study the effects of heat treatment changes, lapping compound differences and other modifications in lapping techniques. Practical experience will be given in the setup and operation of Gleason 600HTL lapper. The class will discuss face milling or face hobbing lapping methods.
Machines related to this course:
- 600HTL TURBO LAPPER® Bevel Gear Lapping Machine
- 360T UNIVERSAL GEAR TESTER
- 600HTT TURBO TESTER®
- 1000T Universal Gear Tester
- Gear tooth nomenclature
- Procedure for making "E-P-G" checks
- Description of various types of Gleason test machines
- Testing using "E&P" moves
- Setup and demonstration of lapping gear sets
- Machine movements in the development of the tooth surface
- Practical experience using a Gleason 600HTL Hypoid Lapper