Gleason hosts customers from more than 20 countries at it Gear Solutions Forum
July 2, 2010
Rochester, New York, July 2, 2010 Gleason Corporation showcased its latest gear manufacturing technologies at its Gear Solutions Forum, held June 9-11, 2010, at its Gleason-Pfauter facility in Ludwigsburg, Germany. More than 360 visitors from 21 countries around the world took advantage of the opportunity to see first-hand the latest machine and process technologies, as well as the supporting cutting tools, workholding and automation products and services.
Among the new technologies exhibited were:
- Titan® 1200G and 1500G grinding machines: A single platform for much faster large-scale production featuring the POWER GRIND process which uses both profile grinding and threaded wheel grinding in the production of large cylindrical gears. POWER GRIND provides great advantages in productivity and because of its advanced capabilities, including automatic tool change of grinding wheels, it provides new opportunities for greater part quality in profile grinding.
- OPTI-GRIND™ process: Breakthrough technology for the production of high precision cylindrical gears which utilizes multiple dressable grinding wheels (for roughing and finishing) simultaneously, resulting in significantly reduced production times combined with an enhanced capability to optimize part quality and surface finish.
- Agilus® 180TH Combined Process Machine: Featuring a universal and highly productive multi-functional concept capable of complete soft machining of shaft and disk-shaped gears in a single setup.
- GENESIS® 210HiC CNC Vertical Hobbing Machine: A single, compact platform for hobbing, chamfering and deburring of cylindrical gears and shafts with diameter up to 210 mm.
- 150SPH Power Honing Machine: Featuring the latest Gleason patented Spheric® Honing process to finish hardened spur and helical gears up to 150 mm in diameter in as little as half the time of gear honing products currently on the market.
- P 90 WM (Worm Milling) Machine: An ideal solution for milling of shaft- and wheel-type worm gears covering a wide range of profiles and forms.
- 3000GMM Analytical Gear Inspection System: Faster, more accurate and easier to operate -- for complete inspection of all types of gears as large as 3 meters in diameter.
- OPTI-CUT® Cutters: Hobbing, gashing and shaping of the largest cylindrical gears using indexable carbide insert technology for improved productivity.
- Other product technologies displayed included bevel gear grinding from solid, new methods of production for straight bevel gears, the latest advances in threaded wheel grinding, internal milling of large cylindrical gears and a wide array of quick change workholding solutions.
In addition to the hardware and process technologies, Gleason also offered on each day, a seminar concentrated on specific markets and technologies:
June 9: Efficient Machining of Automotive Gears
June 10: High-Production machining of large Gears
June 11: Machining of Bevel Gears / Gear Cutting Tool Measurement
The lectures were very well received, and simultaneous German to English and English to German translations were provided.
Udo Stolz, Gleason’s Vice President of Worldwide Sales, said “We typically showcase our products and services at trade shows throughout the year, throughout the world. Given the number of new technologies that Gleason has launched in recent months, we did not want to wait until the next major trade show to introduce them to our customers. The overwhelming response in terms of customer attendance and the strong positive feedback we have received tells us that we made the right decision. As we displayed advanced technologies for nearly every major gear production technology it certainly reinforced our company’s position as a total gear solutions provider.”
Gleason Corporation’s mission is to be The Total Gear Solutions Provider™ to its global customer base. Gleason is a world leader in the development, manufacture and sale of gear production machinery and related equipment. The Company’s products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, mining, windpower, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Gleason has manufacturing operations in Rochester, New York; Rockford, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Plymouth, England; Munich and Ludwigsburg, Germany; Studen, Switzerland; Bangalore; India, and Suzhou, China and has sales and service offices throughout North and South America, Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region.
More information about Gleason Corporation is available on the World Wide Web at www.gleason.com
« Go Back