Gleason unveils new bevel and cylindrical gear production solutions at IMTS
July 2, 2010
Rochester, New York, July 2, 2010 – In its mission to be the industry’s Total Gear Solutions Provider, Gleason will introduce a host of advanced new machines, tooling, and global customer support services at IMTS 2010, covering a wide array of processes for the complete production and inspection of all types of bevel and cylindrical gears.
Visitors to Gleason Booth #N 7000 will be introduced to a number of new products and technologies. Among the new technologies exhibited at the show will be:
•The Titan® 1500G Grinding Machine, with POWER GRIND, capable of a 50% increase in productivity by combining threaded wheel and profile grinding on a single machine platform. In the Titan 1500G grinding machine, Gleason has combined exceptional productivity gains with the very high precision required by today’s manufacturers of larger cylindrical gears. Among the Titan 1500G’s most important features is its ability to offer users, on a single platform, both the greatest possible flexibility for the production of single parts with advanced profile grinding technology, and by using the POWER GRIND process for higher volume production to significantly reduce manufacturing times by combining threaded wheel grinding and profile grinding in a single process.
•OPTI-GRIND™, delivering up to a 40% increase in productivity. Significant productivity benefits are possible on new Gleason Profile Grinding Machines utilizing the OPTI-GRIND process. This breakthrough technology uses multiple grinding wheels (for roughing and finishing) simultaneously at significantly reduced production times. In addition to the productivity gains inherent in the use of OPTI-GRIND, users also benefit from improved part quality as a consequence of optimized contact conditions between the grinding wheel and the workpiece flank.
• The Phoenix® 280C Bevel Gear Cutting Machine: improving productivity by as much as 35%. The new Phoenix® 280C is the most productive machine in its class, cutting cycle times up to 35% compared to existing solutions. It incorporates a number of design breakthroughs, including the integration of a fast part loading system, measurement device, and the ability to simultaneously chamfer pinions and gears saving valuable cycle time. In addition, new quick-change cutter and arbor designs now make it faster and easier for operators to change over for new parts and tooling. And like previous Phoenix machines, it features a unique monolithic column design – now cast from an advanced polymer composite material for the very high stability and damping required in today’s high volume, dry machining production environments.
•The Agilus® 180TH Combined Process Machine: Turning – drilling – hobbing – chamfering and deburring - in a single setup. The Agilus 180TH features a universal and highly productive multi-functional concept capable of machining shaft and disk-shaped gears in a single setup. The tool turret for locating fixed or driven tools allows turning, drilling and milling operations as well as hobbing and subsequent generating chamfering and deburring to be performed in the same setting. The CNC-controlled tailstock enables the machine to clamp a broad range of workpieces with support on both sides to guarantee optimum rigidity during machining. Gleason’s Quick-Flex® workholding concept is used to meet requirements for rapid, user-friendly tool-change. The Agilus 180TH can be operated fully automatic in conjunction with one or more turning cells.
• The 1000GMS Analytical Gear Tester: Reliability and quality combined with maximum efficiency. Displayed at the show will be the first of a new family of GMS Series inspection systems (with models available for gears up to 3 meters in diameter). The 1000GMS Analytical Gear Tester features a Renishaw® 3D probe head to provide maximum accuracy and flexibility for the complete inspection of all kinds of gears and gear-cutting tools. All Gleason analytical gear testers are equipped with the new Windows® VB.NET-based Gleason GAMATM software with intuitive user interface, and allowing for simple input screens for programming of workpiece and cutting tool data.
•The industry’s most complete line of gear-cutting tools and workholding solutions, including our new OPTI-CUT® Indexable-Insert cutting systems for gashing, hobbing and shaping. Gleason is the industry’s leading supplier of virtually every cutting tool type for the production of cylindrical and bevel gears of all types and sizes. For the production of large cylindrical gears, Gleason offers the OPTI-CUT family, which provides users with all the performance benefits of the latest replaceable, indexable, carbide insert technology. OPTI-CUT can reduce cost-per-part by as much as 50% as compared to conventional high speed steel cutters. The family is versatile too, including gear gashing, hobbing and shaping products in a variety of cutter body sizes, insert types and geometries to meet a wide range of roughing and finishing, and internal and external gear production requirements.
•Advanced workholding solutions. In addition, Gleason designs and produces a complete series of quick-change workholding equipment for both bevel gear and cylindrical gear, and non-gear production machines. These systems range from the Gleason X-Pandisk® systems which automatically align workpieces weighing up to 2,000 kg to reduce changeover time by up to 70%, to Quick-Flex® and a large variety of quick-change workholding solutions that significantly reduce change-over times for the production of both bevel and cylindrical gears. For inspection systems, Gleason offers the high-precision LeCount® expanding mandrels line, renowned for accurate, easy, extremely rapid location of all types of bore parts.
•Gleason Global Services. Gleason customers can rely on 250 factory trained service professionals located in over 50 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia to work around the clock to support a full range of technical support requirements, including:
• Services: Complete new offering of service programs ranging from our simple Fast Check machine inspection to our extended service programs which provide “No Worry” guarantees.
- Service Parts: Globally stocked OEM repair parts to reduce downtime.
- Training: The largest range of gear process and gear machinery operation and maintenance courses in our industry with training supported on a global basis.
- Application Support: Programs to improve process quality, cycle times and reduce Total Cost of Ownership.
- Equipment Upgrades: Recontrols, rebuilds, recondition and upgrades to ensure maximum machine production.
- Remote Services: Machine monitoring and troubleshooting from anywhere in the world for rapid response.
Gleason Corporation’s mission is to be The Total Gear Solutions Provider™ to its global customer base. Gleason is a world leader in the development, manufacture and sale of gear production machinery and related equipment. The Company’s products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, mining, windpower, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Gleason has manufacturing operations in Rochester, New York; Rockford, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Plymouth, England; Munich and Ludwigsburg, Germany; Studen, Switzerland; Bangalore; India, and Suzhou, China and has sales and service offices throughout North and South America, Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region.
More information about Gleason Corporation is available on the World Wide Web at www.gleason.com
– END –
« Go Back