Gleason introduces the 350GMS Analytical Gear Tester to Speed, Simplify Gear Inspection
October 28, 2010
Rochester, New York, October 28, 2010—Complete inspection of gears as large as 350 mm in diameter now can be performed up to 40% faster (gear design dependant) with the introduction of the Gleason 350GMS Analytical Gear Inspection System, one of a new generation of analytical inspection systems from Gleason Metrology Systems Corporation.
Among the many new design features now available on the 350GMS is the powerful GAMA™ 2.0 Windows® “object oriented” applications software suite, which offers users not only significantly faster cycle times, but also a highly desirable menu-driven human/machine interface that greatly simplifies day-to-day operation.
GAMA operating software for the first time puts a host of features right at the fingertips of the operator in a simple, highly intuitive graphical user interface (GUI). The time it takes to create new part inspection programs and conduct a complete analytical inspection of even the most complex bevel and cylindrical gears is greatly reduced.
In addition, GAMA is a true Windows® based application, making it fully compatible with the latest LAN and WAN networks, so users can easily interface inspection results with their gear design and production resources for corrective actions downstream.
The 350GMS is also equipped with the Renishaw® SP80H 3-D scanning probe, available with various stylus sizes, configurations and extension lengths. The Renishaw probe provides a high speed, high accuracy measurement capability vastly superior to 2-D probe systems used by other gear inspection machines.. Among its most important features are:
- Industry-leading probe travel: +/- 2.5 mm in the Y and Z direction, +/- 1.5 mm travel in the X axis.
- 20nm resolution, fully digital 3-D scanning head.
- Kinematic probe mount system, integral to a probe crash protection system.
- Automatic Probe Change (APC) systems for all models.
With solid granite base, Meehanite® cast-iron slide assemblies, linear drive motors and large-diameter heavy duty rotary table, the 350GMS is also designed and built to deliver exceptional accuracy and reliability.
The 350GMS has a new operator control panel and remote control with new features and enhanced functionality to improve your day to day operation:
NEW Control Panel Controls Cabinet
- Sercos® coupled (fiber optic) drives to controls system
- New Windows® based .net architecture controller – IP54 rated cabinet, CE certified
- Ergonomically mounted operator work station with more hand room, more intuitive operator feedback and system interaction
- Ability to lock any and all axes independently
- Drive indicator lights, feed overrides, fault code indicator.
Remote Operator Pendant (patent pending):
- Industrial & Ergonomic design
- Provides more system information to the operator
- Answer certain program prompts remotely
- Built-in Camera – Part Setup pictures, Standard Work Creation
- Voice notes, work set up messages, telephony support for Remote Diagnostics
- Touch screen input for basic operator interface functions, system feedback
The 350GMS joins the recently-introduced 1000GMS with these exciting new features and capabilities. Gleason Metrology Systems also offers customers throughout the world’s gear production industries a host of other products including functional gages, composite gage systems, software, automation, calibration and other services, and the western hemisphere’s only A2LA Gear lab.
Gleason Corporation’s mission is to be The Total Gear Solutions Provider™ to its global customer base. Gleason is a world leader in the development, manufacture and sale of gear production machinery and related equipment. The Company’s products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, mining, windpower, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Gleason has manufacturing operations in Rochester, New York; Rockford, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Munich and Ludwigsburg, Germany; Studen, Switzerland; Bangalore; India, and Suzhou, China and has sales and service offices throughout North and South America, Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region.
More information about Gleason Corporation is available on the World Wide Web at www.gleason.com.
– END –
« Go Back