Gleason unveils new bevel and cylindrical gear production and inspection solutions at Gear Expo 2011
September 13, 2011
In its mission to be the industry’s Total Gear Solutions Provider, Gleason will introduce a host of advanced new machines, tooling, and global customer support services at Gear Expo 2011, covering a wide array of processes for the complete production and inspection of all types of bevel and cylindrical gears. Visitors to Gleason Booth #815 will be introduced to a number of new products and technologies. Among the new technologies exhibited at the show will be:
•The Genesis® 260H Vertical Hobbing Machine, setting the new industry standard for productivity, quality and Total Cost of Ownership. On display for the first time, the 260H is a new addition to the highly popular Genesis® Series of gear hobbing machines. Its compact footprint and slim profile, optimized workholding and tool change, and universal automation make it ideal for the widest range of user requirements, whether small batch or automated high volume production.
Additionally, the 260H is available with two different direct drive workspindles, three different high-performance hob heads, multiple tool interfaces and integrated chamfering, making it the most versatile solution today for the production of spur and helical gears and shafts up to 260 mm in diameter. A larger Genesis® 400H model also is available for workpieces up to 400 mm in diameter. Both models are designed as well to help customers meet the need for greater sustainability, with a host of features that greatly reduce energy consumption.
• The 350GMS Analytical Gear Inspection System: Up to 40% faster inspection of all types of gears and gear cutting tools. On display at the show will be one of a new family of GMS Series inspection systems (with models available for gears up to 3000 mm in diameter). The 350GMS Analytical Gear Tester features a Renishaw® 3D probe head to provide maximum accuracy and flexibility for the complete inspection of all kinds of gears and gear-cutting tools. All Gleason analytical gear testers are equipped with the new Windows® VB.NET-based Gleason GAMATM 2.0 software with intuitive user interface, and allowing for simple input screens for programming of workpiece and cutting tool data.
In addition, the new GMS Series machines are equipped with new ergonomically mounted operator work stations and optional remote pendant controls – both designed to greatly improve the operator’s effectiveness at every stage of the inspection process.
•The industry’s most complete line of gear-cutting tools and workholding solutions. Gleason is the industry’s leading supplier of virtually every cutting tool type for the production of cylindrical and bevel gears of all types and sizes. For the production of large cylindrical gears, Gleason offers the OPTI-CUT® family, which provides users with all the performance benefits of the latest replaceable, indexable, carbide insert technology. OPTI-CUT® can reduce cost-per-part by as much as 50% as compared to conventional high speed steel cutters. The family is versatile too, including gear gashing, hobbing and shaping products in a variety of cutter body sizes, insert types and geometries to meet a wide range of roughing and finishing, and internal and external gear production requirements.
•Advanced workholding solutions. In addition, Gleason designs and produces a complete series of quick-change, tool-less workholding equipment for both bevel gear and cylindrical gear, and non-gear production machines. These systems range from the Gleason X-Pandisk® systems which automatically align workpieces weighing up to 2,000 kg to reduce changeover time by up to 70%, to Quick-Flex® and a large variety of quick-change workholding solutions that significantly reduce change-over times for the production of both bevel and cylindrical gears. For inspection systems, Gleason offers the high-precision Gleason LeCount® expanding mandrels line, renowned for accurate, easy, extremely rapid location of all types of bore parts.
•Gleason Global Services. Gleason customers can rely on 250 factory trained service professionals located in over 50 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia to work around the clock to support a full range of technical support requirements, including:
• Services: Complete new offering of service programs ranging from our simple Fast Check machine inspection to our extended service programs which provide “No Worry” guarantees.
• Service Parts: Globally stocked OEM repair parts to reduce downtime.
• Training: The largest range of gear process and gear machinery operation and maintenance courses in our industry with training supported on a global basis.
• Application Support: Programs to improve process quality, cycle times and reduce Total Cost of Ownership.
• Equipment Upgrades: Recontrols, rebuilds, recondition and upgrades to ensure maximum machine production.
• Remote Services: Machine monitoring and troubleshooting from anywhere in the world for rapid response.
Gleason Corporation’s mission is to be The Total Gear Solutions Provider™ to its global customer base. Gleason is a world leader in the development, manufacture and sale of gear production machinery and related equipment. The Company’s products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, mining, windpower, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Gleason has manufacturing operations in Rochester, New York; Rockford, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Munich and Ludwigsburg, Germany; Studen, Switzerland; Bangalore; India, and Suzhou, China and has sales and service offices throughout North and South America, Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region.
More information about Gleason Corporation is available on the World Wide Web at http://www.gleason.com
– END –
« Go Back